Together We Can winter support scheme to help vulnerable residents across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole
A huge community support effort is underway to help the most vulnerable families and households who have been negatively impacted by the pandemic this year.
Local residents who are struggling to afford food and keep warm over the winter months are urged to reach out for support from BCP Council and its partners, who are co-ordinating efforts to ensure people can access the support they need over the winter period.
- Free school meal supermarket vouchers for eligible families with school aged children to support them during the holiday periods – delivered through schools
- Increased support for community and voluntary organisations providing food support in local communities
- Support for residents in financial hardship with affording utility bills and keeping warm this winter through Citizens Advice BCP
- Support to access food for vulnerable households delivered through the Family Information Service and theTogether We Can helpline.
If residents are looking for support they can visit: www.bcpcouncil.gov.uk/wintersupport or alternatively call:
For signposting and advice about accessing food:
- Households with children, call BCP Council Family Information Service: 01202 261999
- Households without children, call Together We Can helpline: 0300 1237052
For signposting and advice about winter warmth:
- Call Citizens Advice BCP: 01202 081732
If residents wish to help their local community by donating food and other items or volunteering, visit: www.bcpcouncil.gov.uk/helpwintersupport